Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Oh haaaay!

Alas, I've been neglecting BOTH my blogs. Poor Fashion Lust hasn't seen a new entry in weeks, but to tell you the truth, I am absolutely wiped by the end of the day that I usually have no inspiration to write. It's a bummer.

I haven't really been baking/cooking as much lately either. We've been in this weird limbo phase, and now that we're leaving in three days for MN/IA (woo-hoo 20 hour road trip!), I really didn't feel like menu planning and buying a whole bunch of ingredients that I'd use once and the leftovers would sit in our fridge for a month. So for the next couple of days it's turkey tacos, angel hair "spaghetti" w/meatballs, and frozen pizzas. Lame sauce.

I do plan on bringing my new recipes along for the ride and sharing them with my fam. My mom had hip replacement surgery a few weeks ago, so I want to help out in any way I can. I know she's been super proud of me for trying new things in the kitchen, so I figure I can show her some of the stuff I've made. Hopefully she'll like it! Plus, I've been craving my turkey chili that I made a week or so ago, so that's just another excuse to whip up another batch!

Ok, since I don't have any new recipes to share, I wanted to talk about my other favorite love; wine. I've recently become highly obsessed with Coyote Moon Vineyards in Clayton, NY. They are a local winery that has some of the most delicious wines I've ever tasted. The atmosphere is awesome too, even though we're there once a month to just kinda hang and taste the wine, the employees are always super kind and just fine to be around. They're so informed about what they're serving, and I LOVE that. You can definitely see and taste the passion they have for the vino! I LOVE their Naked Chardonnay (the label is pretty awesome as well if you can imagine), it's not oakey at all, but still has that dryness of a good chardonnay. Their Twisted Sister is also amazeballs. They've been out of stock for awhile, but you better bet I'll be buying a few bottles once they're back! It's right between a semi-sweet and semi-dry red wine. They also just came out with a new sweet white wine called Fireboat White-I plan on throwing some of that in the crock pot with their mulling spices and enjoying it on Christmas Eve!

So that's my Coyote Moon shoutout. I'm so glad that the North Country/Thousand Island area has such awesome wineries, I can't wait til it's warmer and I can explore the wine trail without freezing my bum off!

If I don't make another post, I wish you all a happy holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment