Sunday, December 4, 2011

End of the week catch-up!

Oh boy, things have been caaarazy around here! My little nugget has officially hit his terrible two's-six months early. I swear, if I thought I didn't have a minute to myself before, I was wrong! My blogging has taken a backseat, and finding time to plan a weekly menu (and look for new recipes) is few and far between. But I'm here now, so all is well in the world. :)

Last week's menu turned out pretty decent considering we were supes low on fundage. I already shared the recipe for the Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheeses, you can find that in the previous post. Monday we had quiche which was REALLY easy. I just bought some frozen pie crusts (you can find them in the frozen dessert section) and then we mixed 3 eggs and 1 cup of half and half. You just stir in your favorite ingredients (we used bacon and cheese because we're boring, but you can add ham, canadian bacon, green onions, peppers, etc) and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. We also made some homemade waffles to go along with it. I love breakfast for dinner nights! On Wednesday, we made BBQ Chicken Tacos and they were seriously the easiest thing I've EVER made. Just throw 3-4 chicken breasts into the crock pot, add about 1/2 cup of water, and chop up half an onion. I think I let it cook for like 6-7 hours (until the chicken was tender), then I shredded it. I'd pull the breasts out if you can so you don't have to try and drain the remnants out afterwards. Add some BBQ sauce and you're set to go! We rolled 'em up in flour tortillas with some shredded cheddar and called it a day. They were super yummy and I knew I couldn't mess them up, so I didn't have to stress all day. We paired them with some steamed veggies and rice (that come in the package-so easy) and called it a day. Those are all the recipes I have, the chicken risotto didn't happen, but see this week's menu for that. :)

Tonight I made turkey chili (and am actually eating it as I type). It turned out 1,000 times better than our last go at chili (probably because I, unlike my husband, choose to follow a recipe). I only used one can of kidney beans and cooked it on low for about 3 hours (only because I forgot to turn the crock pot on and realized it an hour later), and it turned out juuuust fine. Add a little cheddar and some deeelish Club minis and that's all you need. I had hoped to make some cornbread muffins, but I forgot to pick up the mix. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE The Crockin' Girls? They have EVERY crockpot recipe you could ever want or need, and that's where I found the Turkey Chili recipe. Their recipes are super easy to follow too, so have no fear!

This week I'm really excited to incorporate orzo into our meal. I bought one of those Philadelphia cream cheese cooking sauce thingys, so I think I'm going to make a chicken/orzo/creamy dish. I'm probably going to wing it, so wish me luck!

I'm going to post this week's menu tomorrow, since I'm too lazy to get up from the couch, and the Packer/Giant's game is pretty close! ;)

Oh, and I picked up a bottle of Cupcake Red Velvet wine tonight and it is SO good! I'm trying new types of reds now, and I'm excited to find one that I really love! And plus, now I can buy new red wine glasses! Woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment