Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Homemade Chili=EPIC FAIL (& two more successes)!

Welp, the hubs attempted to make chili without a recipe. I was super excited to be able to share his AWESOME creation with you, but unfortunately, that will not be happening. He used a bit too much chili powder which resulted in a very SPICY dish (and not good spicy, but like "too much spices, it's really chalky" spicy). Really wouldn't have been a huge deal besides the fact we had already invited company over and needed to make a meal. Thankfully I had all the ingredients for our dinner that was supposed to be tonight, so I made that instead. It turned out pretty decent, but I didn't get any pics (I thought company might think I was kinda weird for taking pictures of my meals). I also made my Cheddar Bay Biscuits again (see previous post) and tried making some crispy asparagus spears, but those didn't turn out too well (let's not talk about that)-thankfully I had some extra veggies in the freezer! Anyways, I made Champp's Pasta Cake and although it was super cheesy and rich, it was pretty good! I poured spaghetti sauce over it, but I think some alfredo would be a whole lot better! Here's the recipe:

Champp's Pasta Cake
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups grated parmesan
2 cups grated mozzarella
1 cup heavy cream
2 eggs
1 tbsp. salt
freshly ground peper to taste
1 lb. (I just used one box) spaghetti cooked al dente
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter
6-8 cups spaghetti/alfredo sauce

Combine ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, cream, eggs, salt, and pepper. Add cooked pasta. PRESS  mixture into buttered/greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes or until golden.

If you'd like to try the crispy asparagus spears, you can find the recipe right here. Hopefully you have better luck with it than I did! If not, just make sure you have some veggies handy! ;)

Alright, now onto my other recipe that actually turned out pretty dern delicious, even though we can barely take credit for it. I say "we" because my hubs was in charge of this meal and I offered up a few ideas to make it better. Anyways, we started with a box of Chicken Helper Cheesy Enchilada. He made that up and added some green peppers and cilantro. Once it was all cooked up (just follow the directions on the box), we rolled up the mixture into flour tortillas, added some shredded cheese, and baked them for like 7 minutes. After we pulled them out and they cooled down, we added some more cilantro, and, VOILA! Finished! They were so good! Hubs even heated the mixture up the next day and put it over some tortilla chips-SO. GOOD. He was so proud of himself and wanted to make sure I took a picture, so here ya go!


So there ya have it!
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment