Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Menu for the week: 11/15-11/21

I think I should have posted my weekly menu before I posted my first meal yesterday, but I'm still trying to figure this all out, so I'm allowing myself a bit of a freebie. I also wanted to add that not all my meals will be from new recipes since my husband likes to cook a little too, and he usually just "does his own thing"; meaning, he makes it up as he goes. He's down with me blogging about our dinners, so I'm hoping I can get him to give me a step-by-step this week. His meals are underlined, mmkay? Oh, and we're on a pretty tight budget, so we rarely go out, but this week is an exception since we have the hubster's TaskForce semiformal and get a free meal! I'll post more about that on Friday-give you the breakdown of my outfit, hair, and make-up. So anyways, here's our menu for the week, and the reason that it goes from Tues-Mon is because I plan our meals around paydays which are the 1st and 15th of each month. I plan them out one week at a time for now, since two weeks just seems too overwhelming!

Tuesday (yesterday's meal): Campbell's Potato Broccoli Cheese soup, spinach, grape tomato, carrot, and feta cheese salad, and the Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Wednesday: Shredded Chicken Taco Bowls and some sort of side, we'll see what we're in the mood for!

Thursday: Chili and cornbread. Since my husband is cooking tonight, I'll try and make a new dessert. :)

Friday: Out for the semiformal (first date night since J got home from the 'Ghan)!

Saturday: Chicken Enchiladas-here's the deal with these: my husband has a weird fascination with Hamburger Helper-it was the first meal he asked for when he got home. He usually adds a bunch of seasonings and ALWAYS adds green pepper to the Mexican dishes. I'll still make sure to take pics and let you know what was added, but I also plan on rolling them in tortillas and baking them to make a sort of taquito.

Sunday: hamburgers, Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks, and Hasselback potatoes (I think I'm most excited for this one!).

Monday: Champp's Pasta Cake (my own recipe, so I'll share that within the blog post) and one of those handy-dandy veggie steamers (luuuuurve those).

So there ya have it. That's my week. I know it's not much of an inspiration, but once little nugget goes down for his nap, I plan on printing off more recipes for next week. It's supposed to start snowing here soon, so I'm sure there will be a lot more comfort foods thrown in the mix!

Also, if you have any bomb recipes that you think I might like, throw 'em my way! All my blog stuff can go to fashionlustrocks@gmail.com-but please leave me a comment here (or anywhere on the blog) letting me know you emailed me!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment