Friday, November 18, 2011

Thursday=Epic Fail

It was FREEZING yesterday (well, not by NY standards, but it was the coldest it's been here yet) and when my husband finally came home, the kitchen was freezing and I just wasn't feeling making dinner or eating in there. Is that weird? I HATE when my house is cold, it doesn't feel cozy or welcoming at all. I even had a candle lit and my Scentsy warmer going, but nothing was helping! I had been dealing with demon child our sweet baby boy all day, and wanted out of the house, so I begged my husband to take me to BDubs (or BW3's/Buffalo Wild Wings/Whatever you choose to call it in your home) since I had been having mad cravings for their parm garlic boneless wings. He gave in (even though it wasn't "technically" in our budget-we had a little extra this paycheck) and we loaded up the Subi and headed out.

So, this means no awesome chili recipe for ya. I'm not quite sure my husband would have been able to pull it off since the ground turkey was barely thawed and it was already 4:30 (would have been 5 by the time he finally got his butt in gear), so who knows what would have happened had I not thrown in the towel before anything got started.

Since I don't want to leave you empty handed, I wanted to throw this Grilled Cheese Roll Up recipe your way. I know it sounds like just another grilled cheese, and it technically is, but ZOMG, they taste SO. GOOD. Liam has had them the past two days for lunch, and I have a feeling he's about to get another one today. They're super easy to make (although I used WAY too much butter-which wouldn't be such a bad thing since it WAS nummy, but didn't help my caloric intake for the day) and come out so gooey and delish. They're perfect for little hands too, and they're awesome for dipping (if you have a dip lover like me)! You could also throw in some chopped veggies or even some shredded lunch meat to make it extra nutritious. Dip them in some homemade tomato soup or marinara and...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment